The Patent Attorney is responsible for protecting the company’s intellectual property interests while managing and performing direct work on many intellectual property andrelated legal matters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directly manage the IP portfolio to ensure timely filing, renewals, cancellations etc.
• Manage IP litigation, enforcement and trade-related matters
• Conduct IP searches and analyses thoroughly and efficiently
• Establish close partnerships with development services team members and Nagase legal team.
• Perform a variety of ad hoc legal matters
• Provide assistance with special projects and other duties as assigned
• 0-5 years experience as a practicing patent attorney
• Law Degree is required, with intellectual property focus. Minimum of Bachelors Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, MS/Ph.D. in these fields is preferred.
• Registered Patent Attorney with the USPTO is required
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work well cross-functionally with business and R&D professionals
• Strong prioritization skills, with the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and quickly adjust to shifting priorities and/or demanding deadlines when necessary
• Highly adaptable in a fast-moving and dynamic work environment
• Extraordinary attention to detail
• Strong sense of urgency in completing work with the ability to multitask
• Capability to work well both independently and with a team