Position Summary: The Sr. Product Development Scientist is responsible for innovative specialty material formulations, improving existing material formulations and new product development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
• Provide expertise in specialty material formulations. Provide innovative solutions to material development and processes.
• Deep understanding of key material properties that result in successful products.
• Extensive experience in formulating a wide variety of polymer compounds for different applications.
• Evaluate candidate materials and formulation approaches for meeting application requirements.
• Adapts existing, or drafts new formulations to meet customer or company driven specifications and applications.
•Interfaces with vendors, customers, and internal teams.
• Assists with formulation trials conducted by R&D and Operations teams.
• Interfaces with resolving product issues or production difficulties.
• Identify and write material specifications and SOPs on new formulations.
• Create safety procedures as needed for a material and/or process.
• Follows all company safety policies and procedures and attend all safety trainings related to the job.
Essential Education, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or closely related discipline, MS or PhD preferred.
• Minimum 3 years experience in formulating polymer composites desired. Special consideration for natural fiber and bioplastic experience.
• Deep understanding of polymer extrusion and compounding processes including establishing new specifications and troubleshooting.
• Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
• Ability to work well with others.