Position Summary: The Sr. Product Development Specialist is responsible for innovative specialty material formulations, improving existing material formulations and new product development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
• Provide expertise in specialty material formulations. Provide innovative solutions to material development and processes.
• Extensive understanding of the key material properties that result in successful materials.
• Extensive experience in formulating a wide variety of polymer compounds for different applications.
• Conduct research and analyze candidate materials and their respective processing requirements and formulate approaches to meeting application requirements.
• Drafts new material formulations according to customer or company specifications.
• Adapts existing material formulations to meet new specifications and applications.
• Assists with the trials conducted by R&D and Operations teams.
• Interfaces with resolving product issues or production difficulties.
• Identify and write materials specifications and SOPs on new formulations.
• Create safety procedures as needed for a material.
• Follows all company safety policies and procedures and attend all safety trainings related to the job.
Essential Education, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Material Science, Chemical Engineering or, Chemistry, MS or PhD preferred.
• Experience in formulating natural fibers and bioplastics desired.
• Understanding in polymer extrusion and compounding including establishing new processes and troubleshooting.
• Minimum of 5 years experience with formulating specialty plastics compounds using twin screw extrusion methodology.
• Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
• Ability to work well with others.